Skip to main content

It's hard, To Describe her

One day mummy said to me, “I could’ve been somebody, you know?” as usual I laughed and said, “yea, I know.” But that statement hunted me alot. I love her because she is my mother. But as a mother and a daughter we have a different type of relationship. And in different phases of life I understood her differently. In childhood, she has never been my inspiration. In those days I was quite closer to Buwa. He used to be my inspiration. I used to think he is more bold and intellectual than her. But I never tried to understand her separately. I used to fascinate more by him. In those days I had a misunderstanding that bold people were quite interesting than emotional one. Unlike that mummy used to cry in trivial matters. So, I used to be quite far from her. But, now when I think about her, I become quite emotional. Quite nostalgic. And sometimes I feel regret because of my inability to understood her. Now, she is my role model, she is my inspiration. Sometimes when we, friends talk about our mothers, I always tell, “I never have to look or search inspiration outside my family because my mummy is always there to inspire.”
            She has a skinny body, long black hair, and she always puts red lipsticks before going to an office. But I never like red lipsticks since childhood. Nowadays, sometimes I tell her, “Don’t use this red one na.” She became furious and tells that “you don’t know how to be beautiful” as always I laugh by listening to her reaction. Because I like her anger. Further, she tells me that, “your friends seem quite fashionable but you never know how to be beautiful and smart enough.”  As usual, I laugh. These are some funny, what can I say, interesting things about my mom. But throughout her her life she went through different obstacles. Sometimes I amused by listing her struggle for reading, her courage to start further study after ten year’ gap, her passion for reading and so on. Nowadays days when I listen to all those things I become speechless. I think she is more intellectual and bold enough than what I used to think about her before.
            When I was a child she was the only one women of our community who had higher education. She was the only one who used to teach her children. In those days she was always there to teach us, but I never realized her intelligence, I always think Buwa was more intellectual than a mummy. Nowadays when I think about my past, sitting alone, I remember my ignorance and laugh. I don’t need anybody to laugh with, I just laugh.
            Now, academically, I am more educated than her. Sometimes when she mispronounces anything, I correct her. Sometimes, she takes it easily, but sometimes her ego as a mother overlaps her and reacts, “Don’t teach me, I have pronounced correctly.” When she says so, as usual I laugh
            .Recently one day I told her, “One day I will pack my bags of books and paper. One day I will say goodbye to you. One day I will go away.” By hearing it, she cried and cried. I, too did not able to control myself. She cried like a small child separating with her mother.
            Today,  while writing about her, I really feel hard. It’s really hard to write about the mother. Words do not have that power to describe mother. Now I am numb, speechless, but I have tried one of the foolish things which I did not have to do..............


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

नग्नता

  निर्जला अधिकारी ओछ्यानमा नाङ्गो पल्टिएको छु । जीउँका कपडाहरु लथालिङ्ग कोठाभरी छरीएका छन् । एकछिनअघि आगोझै तातेको शरीर सेलाएर चिसो भएको छ । शरीर शिथिल भएको छ र मन पनि । एक खाले ग्लानी मनभरी फैलीएको छ । तृप्त भएर पनि नभएझै आँखाभरी अनौठो सान्नाटाँ छाएको छ ।  उ गैसकेकी छ । शरीरमा अब रोमाञ्चकता बाकी छैन । छ त केवल  एक गाल्नी । शरीर नाङ्गो छ । नग्नता कुरुप हो वा सुन्दर मलाई थाहा छैन । तर किनकिन आफैलाई नियाल्दा आफै तर्सिदैछु । लाग्दैछ आजबाट म जो थिएँ त्यो रहिन । हिजोसम्म जसलाई म खराब ठान्थेँ आज म त्यहि खराब मानिस भएको छु । भोली आइतबार हो...... बिहानै उठेर गर्नुपर्ने कामको अर्को चाङ छ । र पनि आफैले आफैलाई सम्झाउँन सकेको छैन । कसरी केही मिनेटको सुखको लागि म आफ्ना पुराना सिद्वान्तहरुलाई एकाएक त्यागिदिन सक्छु । के सबै मानिसले शरीरको सुखको लागि सिद्वान्तको बोरा ओड्दैनन् । वा म त्यहि मानिसको जमात हँु जसको सिद्वान्त बन्द कोठाभित्र पस्ने बित्तिकै एकाएक मलिन हुन्छ । मैले कहिल्यै सोचेको थिइन, मैले पहिलोपटक कसैले चुम्ने काम शरीरको लागि मात्र गर्नेछु । हिजोसम्म मेरा लागि प्रेमको कसि पहिलो  र शरीर

मसिना कुरा –भाग ७

  दिन घमाइलो छ । आकाश खुल्ला छ । मानिसहरुको चहलपहल केही बाक्लो छ । पुजाकोठाबाट धुपको बास्नाले सडक र गल्लिहरु महकिँदै छन् । आजको बिहानी सोचेझै शान्त छैन । एकखाले चहलपहल हिजो देखीनै कायम छ । झ्यालमा बसेर बाहिर निहाल्दै छु । महिलाहरुमा बिसेष उत्साह छ, बिहानै नुहाएको कपाल फिजाउँदै दुवो र फूल टिप्दैमा उनीहरु मस्त छन् । यो तीजको बिहानी हो, आज टोल, छिमेक र सडक शान्त बन्न चाहेर पनि बन्न सक्दैन । आजबाट असोज लागेको छ । मौसममा चिसोपन बढ्न थालेको छ । बिस्तारै सयपत्रि र मखमली फूल्न थाल्नेछन् । हावामा सयपत्रिको महक मिस्निेछ । मलाई कहिलेकाही यो सब बारे सोचिबस्दा कुनै चक्रझै लाग्छ । हरेक बर्ष यसरी नै चाडबाडहरु भित्रने गर्छन् र यसरी नै हामीलाई लाग्छ यो कुनै नौलो चाड होइन र पनि नौलो हो । कहिलेकाही लाग्छ यी चाडबाडहरुलाई म अबलोकन मात्र गर्छु । म यसमा प्रत्यक्ष सहभागीता जनाउँदिन । हिजो जस्तो थियो मेरो लागि आज पनि उही हो । यति हो बाहिर हेर्दा अल्लि फरकझै लाग्छ । भर्खरै चियाको गिलास रित्ताएको छु । औलाहरु किबोडमा छन्, सिध्याउनुपर्ने काम चाङ लागेको छ । र पनि मलाई यसरी अक्षरहरुमा पोखिन रमाइलो लाग्छ ।  गर्

अन्त्य

 अन्त्य निर्जला अधिकारी यो यात्राको अन्त्य होइन । न सुरुवात हो । वा यो  उसले भनेझै जीवनको अप्रत्याशितताको उपज पनि हुनसक्छ । थाहा छैन यो के हो ...... जे पनि हुनसक्छ । सम्बन्धलाई धागोले नाप्न खोज्ने हो भने यो केही होइन । ऊ अब सदाका लागी टाढा जाँदैछ । म पनि अलबिदा भन्दैछु शुभकामनाका साथ । यो उसको अन्तिम बिदाई  होइन तर उसको र मेरो सम्बन्धको बिदाई भने पक्कै हो । थाहा छैन त्यो पनि होइन की । म दुबिधामा छु, भावनाहरु उर्लीएका छन् तर शब्द छैनन् । अन्त्यमा म लेख्छु “धन्यबाद, मैले तिमीलाई भेट,े यो भर्चुअल संसारमा भौतिक संसारमा नभएपनि । म खुसी छु र हुनेछु” ...... मेरो अन्तिम डिएम उसको लागी यही थियो  । उसले लभ रियाक्ट गर्यो । र यो हाम्रो अन्तिम संवाद रहने कुरा जनायो ऊ भोलीपल्टबाट टुइटरको संसारबाट बिदा लिदैँ थियो ।  जुन उसको र मेरो सम्बन्धको अन्तिम यर्थाथ थियो । म उस्लाई यो यर्थाथलाई बदलौ भन्न पनि सक्दैनथेँ । मेरो लागी टुइटरको दुनियामा भेटेको र त्यहीबाट छुटेको ऊ पहिलो र अन्तिम ब्यक्ति होइन । र पनि बिशेष पक्कै हो । म उसलाई यो ढुङ्गा माटोको संसारमा भेटेपनि चिन्नेछैन । म खोज्दै हिटेपनि भेट्ने छै